The majority of homeowners do not think too much about the inner workings of a refrigerator before it stops cooling, or it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most from this invaluable appliance it can be extremely useful to know exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and ASAP Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you will want to know concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the right time to hire refrigerator repair Simi Valley.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have kitchen appliance for many years. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the optimal temperature, to eliminate spoilage and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from the interior of the unit to the outside, by relying on principles of evaporation and condensation.
The main components of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call ASAP Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is a combo of a motor and a pump, and it’s need for circulation of refrigerant throughout the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional service if the compressor is broken.
The refrigerator condenser is attached on the rear exterior panel of the appliance and will help to release the heat absorbed within the refrigerator out in the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is stored in the interior of the refrigerator where absorbs warmth held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it’s time to find a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquid refrigerant is carried within a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming it into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat will regulate the current temperature in the interior of a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as it is necessary.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in Simi Valley for service the moment an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. When the temperature within the refrigerator goes higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and the cooling period begins. The appliance collects the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The refrigerator compressor unit pushes the heated gas in the direction of the condenser coils located on the outside of the appliance, at which point it comes in contact with the lower temperature in the room and returns back to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid then continues on its trip to the refrigerator evaporator component, finding its way through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The coolant absorbs the heated air from the interior of the appliance, thereby returning the temperature down to the best set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and will turn back into a gas, and then returns to the refrigerator compressor unit in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration is often used in a lot of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By contracting heat from a single place and relocating it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling your house, creates a optimal storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require service? Time to schedule an appointment with ASAP Appliance Repair.
ASAP Appliance Repair can repair nearly all standard brands and models of refrigerators – including restaurant models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed service technicians in Simi Valley complete training to repair cooling problems, ice makers, condensation, water puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart synchronization and countless other problems. We everything about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  ASAP Appliance Repair